Get 20% Off Gifts at Personal Creations Today!.
Enter code PCBLOG at checkout! Shop Now
A child's first communion is a momentous occasion in their life and their faith. Now that spring is here, there will be plenty of little ones receiving the sacrament, and you should do your best to gather together as many of your family members as possible for the event. At your shindig, surprise your child with a personalized first communion gift that they will look fondly upon long after their big day. Here are a few ideas to keep in mind for your child's first communion.
1. A Bible. Start a new family tradition by giving your son or daughter their own Bible. Write a message on the inside cover and have as many of your family members sign it as possible. The tome will likely stay in your child's family for years to come and will allow them to have a unique memento to show their own children someday.
2. A personalized cross necklace. This is a wonderful gift that will help your child remember their special day and can still be worn long after the ceremony. There are many styles available to suit any taste, and you can have the cross personalized with your child's name emblazoned across the front.
3. A glass ornament. Gifts such as this can be used for either a Christmas tree ornament or as a wonderful accent for your child's bedroom. The small ornament will feature your child's name and the date of their communion and will wind up being a perfect accent for a window pane or to adorn any room in your home.
4. A first communion picture frame. Your child is bound to be all dressed up in his or her best for the special occasion and they will look absolutely adorable. A personalized picture frame will allow them to fondly remember their special day.
5. A keepsake box. With the many gifts your child is bound to receive from loved ones, he or she will need a place to store them. A wooden keepsake box will provide a place for your child to place their jewelry, souvenirs and other items from their first communion. Best of all, the box can be personalized with their name and it will be something they will treasure for years to come.