Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with your kids doing a fun craft or activity. I mean, there’s nothing that says “I love you” more than a handmade craft, right? One of our favorites to make are Crayon Hearts! These are so simple to make and uses up all of those crayon pieces you inevitably have lying around the house!
Valentine’s Day Crayon Hearts
- Silicone Heart Mold
Instructions: Peel paper from crayons. Break each crayon into 3-4 pieces. Arrange in heart molds. Bake for 15 minutes at 250 degrees.
In addition, I’m sharing some of my favorite Valentine’s Day crafts from around the web. From heart-shaped potato stamps to homemade Valentine’s Day cards – there’s something for everyone. Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!
1. Make heart-shaped potato stamps via Homemade Serenity. Kids can use their stamps to decorate homemade cards. Super cute and easy!
2. Valentine’s Day Pencils via The Gunny Sack. These are easy for kids to make and they can pass them out as gifts to all of their friends at school.
3. Bottlecap Lockets via KinderArt.com. These cute pendant lockets can also be handed out to your child’s friends at school.
4. Fairy Valentine Tree via Spoonful.com. Crafted from cardstock and shiny stickers, this tabletop tree will dazzle fairies and their fans alike.
5. Melted Crayon Valentine Garland via Teach Beside Me. After you make the Crayon Hearts above, you might as well keep the crayons out and make this cute garland to decorate with!
6. Valentine Cootie Catchers via Still Blonde After All These Years. I love how this blast from the past and my own childhood gets the cupid treatment!
7. Valentine’s Day Activities for Babies via Educator’s Spin On It. You can’t forget the wee ones on Valentine’s Day! This is a wonderful list of fun activities that babies and toddlers can participate in.
8. Cardboard Valentine’s Day Mailbox via I Believe In Love. This cute mailbox is made using a cereal box and is perfect for kids to collect cards at school on Valentine’s Day.
9. Valentine’s Day Love Bug via My Kid’s Guide. This sweet craft is made using craft sticks, pompoms, and googly eyes – every kid’s favorite!
10. Message in a Bottle via Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails. I can’t imagine a sweeter way to tell someone that you love them than with a message in a bottle!
11. I Wheelie Like You Valentine’s Day Cards FREE Printable via Jolly Mom. These Valentine’s Day cards are perfect for boys to hand out!
12. Thanks a Latte Teacher’s Valentine’s Day Card FREE Printable via Jolly Mom. Show your kid’s teachers how much you appreciate them with a special Valentine’s Day card and a gift card to their favorite coffee shop!
Piera Jolly is the founder and editor-in-chief of JollyMom.com, a savvy and popular blog that provides moms with helpful parenting information, fun child-friendly activities, craft ideas, recipes, and the latest trends for moms, kids, and families. JollyMom.com is also proud to have been named a Top 10 Inspiring Blogger by Mashable, a Power Mom by Nielsen and one of Access Communication's Top 50 Mommy Blogs!