The latest photo trend to hit social media is no longer the selfie – it’s the #shelfie! People are taking to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to share photographs of their artfully arranged shelves and even surfaces like tabletops and desks throughout their homes. I personally love this idea because it allows us to transform a very small space into whatever we want. It’s doable for everyone – no matter the budget, skills, or experience! So today, I wanted to share with you six tips to create the perfect #shelfie.
1. Make it personal. Use family or living room bookshelves to display more than books! Fill them with photographs like this adorable photo box, family heirlooms, artwork, personalized signs or name plaques, and your favorite collectibles.
2. Give a kid’s bathroom shelf (or any bathroom shelf) an organized look by grouping together like-colored towels and using personalized (and CUTE) storage bins to neatly hide bath toys.
4. Display like items or colors together for a big wow factor. A silver collection, wine glasses, and even your rarely used wedding china look beautiful displayed in a dining room shelf.
5. Keep it simple and functional. A unique, personalized catchall and engraved trinket box are beautiful and functional ways to hold jewelry and odds & ends inside a closet. I love when everyday items become part of the décor.
6. Go beyond the shelf. Any surface like a desk is an opportunity to show of your design skills. Personalized touches like a sign with your name (or blog name!) will give your workspace a fun and unique vibe
Piera Jolly is the founder and editor-in-chief of JollyMom.com, a savvy and popular blog that provides moms with helpful parenting information, fun child-friendly activities, craft ideas, recipes, and the latest trends for moms, kids, and families. JollyMom.com is also proud to have been named a Top 10 Inspiring Blogger by Mashable, a Power Mom by Nielsen and one of Access Communication’s Top 50 Mommy Blogs!