Back to school is just a few weeks away. And parents are beginning their shopping adventures for necessary school supplies. While pencils and paper are essentials, adding an extra added thought of personalization is the perfect way to send them off! Remind your kids how much you love them and include lunch box jokes on their first day, or any time they need a special reminder.
We all know the classic back-to-school essentials: pencils, paper and maybe some metallic stickers for good measure. But what about the tried-and-true lunch box note? If you haven’t sent your kiddo off with a sandwich and a sweet sentiment in a while, today’s the day to do it! And if you really want to make them smile, try an oh-so-(mac and)-cheesy lunchbox joke!
We’ve put together a collection of printable jokes for every lunch box or bag to give your little ones a good laugh during lunch hour. If you already have a joke in mind, you can use our included fill-in-the-blank printables to add your own message! Read below for some great laughs and make this first day of school one to remember.
Back to School Jokes
These are the ultimate jokes to kick off the first few weeks of your child’s school year. They are also the perfect icebreaker that they can share with their classmates at lunch.
- Question: How do bees get to school?
- Answer: On the school buzz!
- Question: Why did the teacher wear sunglasses to school?
- Answer: She had very bright students!
- Question: Who is the king of all school supplies?
- Answer: The ruler.
- Question: Why did the runner learn to read?
- Answer: So she can book it.
- Question: What school supply is always tired?
- Answer: A knapsack.
Lunch Food Jokes
These food jokes are great for the cafeteria. Pair these with the food associated in the joke, or just with anything you packed for lunch. If they are buying lunch, feel free to stick the note in an accessible place in your child’s backpack.
- Question: Why don’t eggs tell jokes?
- Answer: They’d crack each other up.
- Question: Why did the cookie go to the hospital?
- Answer: It was feeling crumby!
- Question: What did Luke Skywalker say to the students before lunch?
- Answer: May the forks be with you.
- Question: What do you call a sad strawberry?
- Answer: A blueberry.
- Question: Why did the donut visit the dentist?
- Answer: She needed a chocolate filling.
If your little one is a mathematician or maybe they’re nervous for their first day of equations of numbers, these math jokes are sure to make them laugh. Share these with your kids’ math teachers as a way to say thank you for all your hard work, and score major brownie points.
- Question: What did the zero say to the 8?
- Answer: Nice belt!
- Question: What do mathematicians eat on Thanksgiving?
- Answer: Pumpkin Pi.
- Question: Why did the student eat his math homework?
- Answer: Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake!
- Question: Why was the math book so sad?
- Answer: Because it had a lot of problems.
- Question: Why do plants hate math?
- Answer: Because they grow square roots.
These adorable animal jokes are approved for kids of all ages. Whether they are fans of farm animals or prefer animals in the wild, these are sure to give them a giggle!
- Question: Why did the cows cross the road?
- Answer: To get to the mooovies!
- Question: Why are there no giraffes in elementary school?
- Answer: Because they’re all in high school.
- Question: What do piglets do after school?
- Answer: Their hamwork!
- Question: What did the momma buffalo say to her son before school?
- Answer: Bison!
- Question: Why are fish so smart?
- Answer: Because they live in schools.
For the young athlete, a sports joke is perfect to include in their lunchbox. They’ll want to show off their hilarious note to the whole team!
- Question: How do baseball players stay cool?
- Answer: By standing close to the fans.
- Question: What position do ghosts play in soccer?
- Answer: Ghoulie
- Question: Why did the football quit the team?
- Answer: It was tired of being kicked around.
- Question: What would you serve but never eat?
- Answer: A tennis ball!
- Question: Why can’t you play basketball with pigs?
- Answer: They hog the ball.
This back-to-school season, send your child off with an adorable lunch box joke they’ll love. Sneak it into their lunch bag before they head to the bus, or let them know they’ll be receiving a funny message to get them excited. With personalized school supplies, a fresh mind from summer and hilarious printable jokes, they’ll be ready to slay the first day!