What complements the ideal wedding gift? Well, heartfelt wishes, of course! In a world dominated by texting and emails, crafting the perfect message for a wedding card can be a challenge. However, rest assured that conveying positivity and warm wishes always makes a lasting impression. Below, you’ll find a collection of wedding wishes for various occasions, along with some helpful tips on crafting the perfect greeting.
It’s essential to express just how dear the bride and groom are to you, ensuring they feel the depth of your love on this momentous day. And let’s not overlook the significance of a thoughtful wedding gift. The best gifts are personalized, and our wedding gift collection offers you the opportunity to customize any gift, making it more personal and meaningful.
Things to Consider When Writing a Wedding Card
There are many things to think about when writing a wedding card, such as your relationship to the couple and whether you are attending the wedding. Below are a few things to consider before crafting your message.
How well do you know the couple?
If you and the couple are lifelong friends, you may want your message to be a little more heartfelt. In the card, you can include memories or quotes that have special meaning to you both. On the other hand, if your relationship is casual, it’s best to stick to something more straightforward like “here’s to a long and happy marriage!”
What is their personality?
What you write in a card depends a lot on the recipient’s personality. A funny message such as “You go together like peanut butter and jelly!” is perfect for someone who is silly and carefree. If they are more reserved, a formal wedding wish like “May your love shine throughout the years” is the way to go.
Are they religious?
If the couple is religious, a spiritual verse or sentiment inspired by the bible will be well-received.
Are you attending the wedding?
If you are not attending the wedding, it is not necessary to explain the reason why on the card. However, adding a “wish we could be there” will let the couple know your thoughts are with them on their special day.
How to Craft Your Message
Wedding cards are meant to wish the couple well in their new journey. If you are attending the wedding, it is also a good time to thank them for including you in their big day. The card should be addressed to both partners. Whether you choose to write their individual names or “Mr. and Mrs. Jones” depends on your preference.
Follow these steps to craft a thoughtful wedding card message:
Step 1: congratulate
First thing’s first, congratulate the couple on their new union! This can be simple or elaborate.
- Congratulations, you two!
- So excited for you! I’ve been waiting for this moment since you two started dating.
Step 2: wish them well
Send positive messages for their future. If you’ve been married for awhile, it’s also nice to include words of encouragement or wisdom.
- May your life together be filled with precious moments.
- You two are perfect for each other. I look forward to watching you continue to grow as a couple.
Step 3: share a memory
If you’re invited to the wedding, it’s because you’re special to the bride and groom. You’ve probably seen them grow both as individuals and as a couple. Share those moments they may have forgotten about.
- I remember when you first met! We knew it was a match made in heaven.
- Remember when you used to talk about meeting your prince charming? Now you’ve found him!
Step 4: thank them
Show your gratitude for being part of their special day.
- Thank you for inviting us be part of this joyous day.
- I’m so glad I got to witness you two tie the knot!
Step 5: sign off
End with warm wishes and a signature. Before you close, you can also reiterate your congratulations.
- Best wishes today and always
- Best of luck
- Have a great honeymoon
If you need more wedding message ideas, check out the ideas below and use our visual as a reminder of how to craft a thoughtful wedding card message.
Formal Wedding Wishes
Formal wedding wishes are perfect for when your want your message to be timeless, traditional and romantic. Below are some examples of formal wedding wishes.
- Warmest congratulations and love to you both.
- I wish so much joy for the two of you as you embark on your new journey.
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- May your love shine throughout the years.
- Thank you for letting me be part of this wonderful day, wishing you all the love in the world.
- May your love grow stronger every day and as you grow old together.
- With warmest wishes and infinite love.
- No two people deserve this joyful experience more than the two of you.
- May you dance under the stars forever.
- Feeling joyful as I witness you joining your lives in marriage.
Casual Wedding Wishes
Casual wedding wishes are great for a short and sweet message. They are appropriate when you don’t know both parties very well or just want to keep it short and sweet. Here are some examples of casual wedding wishes.
- Best wishes to the happy couple.
- Here’s to a long and happy marriage.
- Hugs and kisses to the sweet couple.
- Wishing you the very best today and always.
- Lots of love to you both!
- I am thrilled for you to start you life together.
- Here’s to love and happiness!
- Wishing you a lifetime of joy.
- We are delighted to share this day with you.
- The very best wishes to you!
Religious Wedding Wishes
If the couple is religious and you share their faith, it’s nice to include an encouraging or marriage-related bible verse. Below are some examples.
- Best wishes on this most blessed day.
- May you always walk together hand in hand, while trusting in the grace of God to lead the way.
- Rejoice in your love and may God bless you now and always.
- Always trust in God’s guidance as you begin this journey together.
- May God carry you through a lifetime of happiness.
- As you become one in Christ, we wish you love and joy.
- Sending prayers for unending love, happiness and light.
- God has so many amazing things planned for your future together. Enjoy every single one of them.
- Bless the happy couple!
- May the Lord always smile upon you.
Funny Wedding Wishes
If you are really good friends with the bride and groom, a funny wedding wish may be much appreciated on their special day. Just make sure you both have the same sense of humor. Even better, include an inside joke!
- You two go together like two peas in a pod. Best wishes!
- Better you than me! Congrats you guys.
- You’ve now signed your life away, there’s no turning back!
- Marriage is a great thing. You get to annoy the heck out of each other for the rest of your lives.
- Now that you two are getting married, the pressure is all on me to do the same.
- Remember, you still have time to turn back around as you walk down the aisle!
- Welcome to the dangerous world of marriage. It’s too late to run!
Wedding Wishes For a Son or Daughter
A parent goes through so many emotions on their son or daughter’s wedding day. Here are some wedding wishes appropriate for the most beautiful day of your son or daughter’s life.
- Son/Daughter, we are feeling so many emotions as you embark on this journey. But most of all, we are happy that you have found someone wonderful to share your life with. Best wishes to the both of you.”
- I see now that your soul and heart are complete and you are loved beyond measure. Congratulations to you both and may you know how much I love and care for you.
- Today, we have added one more beautiful family member and we couldn’t be more thrilled!
- What a sweet day for our family and especially for the both of you. May the joy you feel today last forever.
- Lots of love and happiness to you both on this exciting and joyful day for our family.
- May your life together be as precious as your love. Best wishes to you both!
- Wishing you the very best in your marriage. You two are a blessing to each other and we hope your happiness will last for a lifetime.
- Your wedding day may come and go, but your love is everlasting.
- I wish you the wedding you both dreamed of and a future better than you can imagine.
- Fairytale dreams turned into reality and a day filled with the love and laughter of family and friends are just a few of the things I wish for you on your wedding day.
Wedding Wishes For a Good Friend
There are few people you cherish more than your best friend. When he or she walks down the aisle, you’ll likely feel a mixture of overwhelming emotions. If you are friends with both, convey how happy you are that they’ve found each other with one of these sweet sentiments.
- I am so happy to call you both my friends. Congratulations!
- May you bring each other much joy as your friendship has brought to me.
- I am excited for you to create beautiful memories together!
- Wishing you beautiful souls never-ending love and the happiest life together.
- I knew you two were meant to be! Congratulations, I wish you all the happiness your hearts could have ever dreamed of.
- Of all the milestones we’ve shared together, this one is one of the greatest. Best wishes to you my friends.
- May you always make each other laugh and continue to make fun memories for a lifetime.
- With warmest wishes to a very special pair. We are extremely happy for you.
- Have a wonderful wedded life, you two. These moments are priceless.
- I can’t wait to see the wonderful moments you will create together!
Now that you have message ideas to inspire your card, it’s time to get writing! Here’s a quick refresher of the guidelines to follow when creating your message. Make sure to convey how special the bride and groom are to you to make them feel extra loved on their big day, and don’t forget to give a meaningful wedding gift to accompany the card!