CAUTION – CUTE BIRTHDAY BOY AHEAD!
This construction birthday party is one of the most original themes we’ve seen for kids. Lifestyle Expert, Stacie Krajchir-Tom and her husband Kris Tom decided on the “hard-working” party for their 2-year-old son, Milo, who is obsessed with trucks and tools. WE are obsessed with the cute factor of all the details and fun activities they set up for Milo’s crew of little friends.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stacie created invitations from pieces of wood, added some screws, tire tracks and printed with “Milo is Turning 2 – Come Be Part of His Crew!” Then wrapped it in caution tape and bubble wrap for mailing.
- Snack table set up included cute construction labels for “screws & nails” (pretzel sticks) and “wrecking balls” (brownie bites) and some of the food was contained in toy trucks.
- Jessica Grose from Clearly Cookies made delicious little cookie works of art to match the theme.
- For the grown-ups, separate tables with adult beverages were placed with extra caution tape. Genius.
- Each tiny guest scored his or her very own work uniform of personalized hardhat and tool belt/apron, which were smartly displayed garland-style in the back yard.
- Once in uniform, kids headed to the group work table supplied with all the toy tools they needed to play construction.
- Stacie and Kris also brought in the most fun photo booth ever from A Little Scene Flipbooks. Kids (and adults) had a blast with all the fun costume props and went home with their own mini movie in a book.
- And of course there was an amazing cake! A huge chocolate sheet cake construction site, complete with dump trucks, bulldozers, signs and hardhat workers created by Milo’s auntie Nicole, Stacie’s sister. The only instructions were that it should be “epic.”
PROJECT WRAP UP
What a lucky boy to have such a fun, creative party! It doesn’t hurt that Mom is a lifestyle expert, artist and DIY queen, but we think these party details are within reach for almost anyone.
Feeling inspired? Check back with us and share your favorite party themes and how-to details.